Adjunct Faculty - Essentials of Economics - Traditional Campus - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
- Traditional Campus courses are taught on-campus at the GCU Main Campus located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Traditional Campus adjunct faculty provide face-to-face instruction.
Spring 2023 Semester:
01/05/2023 - 05/07/2023
Work Perks at GCU:
- Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
- Employee Perks and Discounts
- Gym and Fitness Center
- Canyon Health & Wellness Center
Essentials of Economics
This survey course covers the basic concepts of microeconomics and macroeconomics. The course begins by addressing the fundamental concepts of scarcity, choice, opportunity cost, and comparative advantage. The course builds on these fundamentals to explain the market forces of supply and demand, market efficiency, the economics of the public sector, and the firm's behavior under competitive market conditions. The second half of the course focuses on basic macroeconomic concepts, including measurement of national income, economic growth, and productivity. In addition, this course covers the monetary system and the classical theory of inflation.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Masters in Economics or a Masters degree and a minimum of 15 graduate credit hours in economics
- AND at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of economics or finance.
- Graduate degree must be from a regional accredited university.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
#highereducation #phoenix #faculty #adjunct #economics #parttime #gcu
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.