Adjunct Faculty - Economics - Traditional Campus - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
- Traditional Campus courses are taught on-campus at the GCU Main Campus located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Traditional Campus courses are daytime classes designed for traditional students and adjunct faculty provide face-to-face instruction.
Fall 2022: 09/06/2022 - 12/18/2022
This course focuses on the fundamental ideas of microeconomics. Students examine the market forces of supply and demand under different market structures in order to understand how economic agents make decisions about both consumption and production. The structure, conduct, and performance of markets are evaluated through analysis of consumer, producer, and societal welfare. Students explore the topic of factor markets in which the incomes of most workers and owners of capital and property are determined.
This course focuses on the national economy by examining macroeconomic data measuring national income, the cost of living, production and growth, and unemployment. Students examine the basic functions of the monetary system and analyze the macro economy in terms of long-run economic productivity and growth and in terms short-run fluctuations. The influence and effect of macroeconomic policy is studied within the context of current events.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Masters in Economics or a Masters degree and a minimum of 15 graduate credit hours in economics
- AND at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of economics or finance.
- Graduate degree must be from a regional accredited university.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
#highereducation #phoenix #faculty #adjunct #business #economics #microeconomics #parttime #macroeconomics #gcu
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.