Adjunct Faculty - DNP Project Chair - Online - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions College, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, online DNP instructors needed- DNP Project Course Series: DNP-955, DNP-960, DNP-965 and Extension Courses.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Project course instructors will support the students in their development of the Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) project proposal, IRB submission, implementation, data analysis, and final submission to the DNP Department. Instructors for the project courses are responsible for teaching all three sequential courses.
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) or PhD Nursing.
- Nurses must maintain an active unencumbered, multi-state RN license in an Enhanced Nurse Licensure compact state. If you are unsure if you are in a compact state, visit: https://www.ncsbn.org/enhanced-nlc-implementation.htm The compact states are in green. Please check this before applying.
- Two of the following is required: 1. At least 3 years’ experience teaching graduate level coursework. 2. At least 5 years of professional experience. 3. Demonstrated expertise through publications or related professional experience. Preference given to individuals with Population Health coursework or experience.
- Proficient in English, Grammar, and writing in APA format.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000013838