Adjunct Faculty - Acute Care AGACNP/ACNP Site Supervisor-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
We have an immediate need for Nursing Practitioner Student Site Supervisors for our Advanced Practice nursing students. Only those residing in Fair Oaks, California and surrounding areas will be considered at this time.
This position is in need of Acute Care Nurse Practitioners or Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (ACNP or AGACNP) candidates. Please specify your ACNP or AGACNP license on your resume. ANCC or AANP certification must have "Acute" in the title to qualify.
The Nursing Practitioner Student Site Supervisor will conduct a single evaluation using a standardized process of characterizing and appraising some aspects of a student’s learning. This may include evaluating performance of head to toe health assessments or clinical competency.
Part-Time Role: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to travel to a facility or site location within 60 miles from your residency.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating health care organization.
- Maintain effective communication with the student, cooperating preceptor/mentor, Office of Field Experience (OFE), and the GCU Course Faculty.
- Provide additional sources of information during contracted weeks with the student and by being available through phone, email, and cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Encourage learner responsibility in the student field experience.
- Keep adequate records on the CONHCP student and supply those records to the GCU Course Faculty (use of external software - Typhon).
- Apply evaluation procedures and supply those results to the GCU Course Faculty.
- Required: MSN and ANCC or AACN certified in AGACNP or ACNP only.
- ANCC or AACN certification must have "Acute" in the title to qualify.
- Current, Active and unencumbered AGACNP, or ACNP license in state where site visit is conducted verified through individual state boards of nursing website.
- Your state APRN license must be issued exactly two year's or more prior to the application date to qualify.
- Minimum of two (2) years working specifically in an ACNP or AGACNP role REQUIRED. RN experience is not included in this requirement.
- Please provide license number and specialty on the application.
- You will not be considered if you do not have an ACNP or AGACNP or it is not clear on your application that you currently hold an ACNP or AGACNP license.
- This position is in need of Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (ACNP or AGACNP) candidates in Fair Oaks, CA and surrounding areas only.
- English grammar and writing proficiency.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for the highest conferred degree.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.