Adjunct - Counselor Education and Supervision Internship I - Online - College of Doctoral Studies
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Doctoral Studies , which offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration , and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Course Description: PCE-910: Counselor Education and Supervision Internship I
Learners are required to complete doctoral-level counseling internships that total a minimum of 600 clock hours. The 600 hours must include supervised experiences in at least three of the five doctoral core areas (counseling, teaching, supervision, research and scholarship, leadership and advocacy). If doctoral students have had limited clinical counseling experiences prior to beginning their doctoral work, they may also be required to complete hours in a clinical setting to gain more counseling experience. The 600 credit hours will be assigned at the discretion of the doctoral committee and the student based on experience and training.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in: professional counseling, mental health counseling, addiction counseling, counseling psychology, clinical psychology, Behavioral Health, or marriage and family therapy.
- Current and Valid credentials as a Licensed Independent Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Independent Mental Health Counselor or a Licensed Independent Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor (ACS), Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS), or state designate supervisory credentials preferred.
- Knowledge of supervising doctoral students preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise through publications or related professional or dissertation committee experience preferred. Scholarly publications/presentations desired.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.