Adjunct - Counseling Practicum - Online
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences employs faculty and faculty leaders who are passionate about engaging and mentoring students. Our faculty are energetic advisors who are committed to helping our students grow academically, spiritually, and personally. They are experts in their respective fields, in addition to being passionate educators and collaborators who help enhance the college experience for all students.
Incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
What we are offering:
The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of professionals and academics.
What you need:
- Doctorate degree in counseling or related fields (Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Behavioral Health, or Mental Health
- AND current Licensed Independent as Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Independent Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Independent Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC)
- AND 2 years Active Licensed Independent as Professional Counselor (LPC) with a Doctorate.
- Alternative Minimum: Masters in Professional Counseling or Masters in Mental Health Counseling or Masters in Counseling or Clinical Psychology or Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy
- AND current Licensed Independent Professional Counselor (LPC), Independent Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) or a Licensed Independent Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- With a Master's - 5 years Active Licensed Independent as Professional Counselor Supervisor. Will also accept Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certification.
- With a Master's, MUST have a specific "Supervisor" designation on your license as a counselor to qualify. Please make this designation clear on your resume.
- Preferred experience supervising students or interns.
- This course is one course, in a series of three sequential courses.
- Due to the nature of the practicum/Internships, must be available for a synchronous component for an hour and a half, one day a week.
- Monday or Thursday, 4-5:30pm AZ time, via Zoom.
- Maintain an active membership in a recognize counseling association and show evidence of counseling advocacy and/or research or scholarly experience preferred.
- Must be extremely savvy with technology and easily adaptable to online platforms and online learning tools. Preference given to those who clearly demonstrate these skills on their resume.
- Proficient in English, Grammar, and writing in APA format.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
The practicum course is a distinctly defined, supervised clinical fieldwork experience in which the student develops basic counseling skills and integrates professional knowledge under the supervision of a faculty member or an on-site clinical site supervisor approved by the college or university with a minimum of 1 hour per week of individualized and/or triadic supervision throughout the practicum. Practicum students participate in an average of 1 ½ hours per week of group supervision via Zoom with a counseling faculty member or student supervisor who is under the supervision of a counselor education program faculty member on a regular schedule throughout the practicum. Documentation of a minimum requirement of 100 hours of counseling-related activities, which includes 40 direct client contact hours, is submitted directly to the college’s Office of Field Experience for verification and tracking. The practicum is completed prior to the internship; therefore, students may not progress to CNL-664A without the required amount of hours submitted, the required amount of individual and group supervision, and proper approval. This course has multiple synchronous required activities. Students must be prepared to be flexible in meeting the demands of this course in order to progress to the internship. Practicum/field experience hours: 100. State licensure requirements may mandate additional hours. Students must review and adhere to their state board's additional requirements.
Why Work at GCU:
- Tuition benefits specifically for the adjunct employee
- Employee Perks and Discounts
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000046478