Adjunct - Cohort - In-Person - F.E. Warren Air Force Base - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a cohort adjunct faculty member for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at [site location]. The college, which provides a job focused education, features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
This position will be on the F.E Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, WY. Must be willing to travel on base for in-person classes once a week between 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
See Qualifications for list of courses and teaching qualifications.
ENG-105 - English Composition I
ENG-106 - English Composition II
- Minimum: Masters in Composition or Masters in Writing or Masters in Professional Writing or Masters in Rhetoric or Masters in Linguistics. Preferred: PhD Composition or PhD Writing or PhD Professional Writing or PhD Rhetoric or PhD Linguistics. Exceptions may be granted to individuals with a Masters in any field possessing 18 graduate credits in English and substantial work experience.
MAT-144 - College Mathematics
- Minimum: Masters in Mathematics. Preferred: PhD Mathematics. Exceptions may be granted to individuals with a Masters in any field possessing 18 graduate credits in Mathematics and substantial work experience.
PHI-105 - 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Minimum: Masters in Philosophy or Masters in Psychology or Masters in Rhetoric or Masters in Education or Masters in Communications or Masters in any field possessing either: 9 graduate credits Philosophy or substantial work experience. Preference will be given to individuals with Doctorates.
COM-210 - Public Speaking
- Minimum: Masters in Communication or Masters in English or Masters in Rhetoric or MFA/Masters in Theatre or Masters in Business Administration (MBA). Preferred: PhD Communication or Juris Doctorate (JD) or related terminal degree. All instructors must have public speaking experience or experience teaching public speaking. Exceptions may be granted to individuals with a Masters in any field possessing 18 graduate credits in Communication and substantial work experience.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.