Adjunct APRN Faculty - FNP Site Supervisor - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our faculty creates tomorrow’s educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians and much more through their dedication to our students. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions provides indirect and direct support in the development and provision of instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for Adjunct APRN faculty members, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our APRN students.
This adjunct (part-time) position requires travel within Clovis, New Mexico to directly observe student performance.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of APRN professionals
What you will do:
- Travel to a facility or site location within 60 miles from your residency
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating health care organization
- Maintain effective communication with the student, cooperating preceptor/mentor, Office of Field Experience (OFE), and the GCU Course Faculty
- Provide additional sources of information during contracted weeks with the student and by being available through phone, email, and cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise
- Encourage learner responsibility in the student field experience
- Provide adequate records on the CONHCP student and supply those records to the GCU Course Faculty (use of external software - Typhon)
- Apply evaluation procedures and supply those results to the GCU Course Faculty
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Participate in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you need:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN): Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Minimum of two 2 years professional experience in an FNP role
- Active, current, and unencumbered FNP state license
- Active, current, unencumbered, and compact RN license
- National board certification - FNP specific.
- Successfully pass a drug test
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students
#highered #faculty #teach #GCU #APRN #FNP #educator #MSN