Adjunct - Advanced Studies in Methods for Secondary Content Reading and Writing - Online - College of Education
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction or Doctorate in Instructional Leadership or Doctorate in Learning and Teaching or Doctorate in Teaching Innovation or Doctorate in Literacy or Doctorate in Reading or related field AND valid state teacher certification.
- Minimum: Masters in Reading or Masters in Literacy or Masters in Curriculum in Instruction or related field AND a valid state teacher certification in literacy/reading or a valid state teacher certification in elementary or secondary education with an endorsement in literacy/reading AND exceptional expertise to include a minimum of two items from the following criteria: 1. Is enrolled in a terminal/doctoral degree program with a minimum of 18 credits successfully completed. 2. Has minimum of 4 years experience as a board member on two or more boards related to content areas. 3. Has been recognized with two or more awards for their expertise in content area. 4. Has over 3 publications in peer reviewed journals within the last 7 years. 5. Holds a minimum of 4 years experience in leadership position within their respective professional association. 6. Have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the field for which they would be assigned a course. 7. Hold certifications in their respective content area above and beyond degree credentials. 8. Holds or has held a position as a director or higher in the work setting for a minimum of 8 years in the area related to the course. All instructors must have a minimum of three years of experience as a classroom teacher or reading specialist or literacy curriculum coach or Title One reading teacher or RTI interventionist or related position AND At least six graduate level credit hours related to children/adolescent literature or elementary or secondary literature or equivalent content.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000045542