Adjunct - 2D Motion Design 2 - Traditional Campus - College of Fine Arts and Production
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Fine Arts and Production, which offers programs in theatre, dance education , music education, digital design with specialization in animation and web design, and digital film with specializations in production or screenwriting.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- A candidate with a bachelor’s degree in animation, graphic design, advertising, motion graphics, or an equivalent degree in the visual arts. A Master’s degree and 3 or more years’ experience in the design industry is preferred.
Knowledge of the 12 Principles of Animation, understanding of
graphic design and how it relates to motion graphics, motion graphics trends, motion production pipeline, understanding of typography and its use in motion, manipulation and editing of sound files, story arc, how to understand requirements of a creative brief for motion graphics, basic rigging in After Effects, and logo development including creation and animation are required. Industry-level knowledge of After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, , Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Premiere Rush and Adobe Audition are required. Understanding of file formats and resolution for output to different media is necessary, as are basic rigging in After Effects.
Job titles that fit the criteria: Motion Graphics Designer, Graphic Designer, Art Director, Creative Director, Video Editor.
- Technical Requirements: GCU does not provide software or hardware outside of the campus classrooms. Candidates are expected to be able to teach on the most current version of the Adobe software products. A portfolio of current work examples is required with the application to teach.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
#animation #graphicdesign #motiongraphics #2Dmotiondesign #design #teaching