Accreditation Project Manager
Grand Canyon University’s Accreditation and State Compliance department is seeking a full-time Accreditation Administrator. This position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with accreditation standards, programmatic licensure requirements, and state regulations.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Accreditation and State Compliance, the Accreditation Administrator provides project management expertise to the University and its colleges related to obtaining/maintaining accreditation and maintaining compliance with programmatic and regional accrediting standards.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for a broad range of regulatory activities including the completion of applications, annual reports, program authorizations, information requests, and other duties supporting compliance with accreditation standards and higher education regulatory bodies. The Accreditation Administrator may serve as the point of contact to and the subject matter expert for selected, relevant state regulations.
Salary: starting at $53k, depending on experience.
- Ensure the completion of all reporting requirements for the area of assignment
- Researches, gathers, and helps interpret accreditation and state regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of state boards of nursing, state departments of education, state counseling boards, and state authorization agency regulations
- Prepares, analyzes, audits, and submits data required to meet regulatory obligations
- Assist with communications with accrediting, state, and federal agencies.
- Collaborates with department heads and internal business partners to ensure compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the organization
- Maintains a record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, authorizations, special requirements, renewal dates, regulatory changes, operational decisions, and regulatory interpretations
- Assists College Deans, Program Directors, and University staff with activities related to maintaining institutional and programmatic accreditations
- Provides research and information for University programs that may lead to licensure and certification and responds to inquiries for planning and enrollment purposes
- Provides support to teams responsible for resolving student issues related to credentialing
- Monitors and revises language for the University’s student-facing documents to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Assist in the implementation and enhancement of the accreditation and state compliance policies and processes
- Identify and assess potential compliance-related risk areas; recommend corrective actions to either minimize or remove identified risks
- Maintain a schedule of all compliance-related activities and follow-up on completion of identified activities
- Provides point-of-contact leadership and customer service to designated state agencies
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on the relevant regulations in assigned states
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on business objectives
- Conducts research of state requirements for University programs intended to lead to licensure and certification and responds to internal inquiries related to student and enrollment issues.
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations and strategic business objectives
- Ensures timely and accurate applications, documents, and reports to meet the requirements of accrediting bodies and state regulatory agencies
- Analyzes and interprets regulations, policy, and guidance related to licensure and certification requirements for ongoing organizational compliance and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners
- Identifies areas of risk and proposes corrective action plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required; Master degree highly preferred
- 3 - 5 years working in a highly regulated industry or equivalent experience
- Subject-matter expertise in postsecondary regulation highly preferred (i.e. accreditation, state licensing requirements (teacher certification, nursing licensure, counseling licensure)
- Experience working in cross-departmental collaborative teams
- Demonstrable record of ethical behavior, integrity, initiative, and resilience.
- Evidence of strong time management and organizational skills
- Evidence of being self-directed, ability to work under little supervision
- Evidence of good critical thinking, judgment, and problem solving
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex information to regulators and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.