Accounting Associate-Event Services
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Accounting Associate. Working under direct supervision, the Accounting Associate has responsibility for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the revenue income and operational expenses charged to Event Services. Reviews and obtains approval for all purchase orders and invoices and sends to appropriate department for processing. Must adhere to University policies and government regulations regarding payment authorizations and expenditures.
- Monitor all purchase and expense related transactions. Reviews monthly budget accounting reports for discrepancies and informs direct manager.
- Prepare spreadsheets for review and reconciliation of data against charged expenses. Completes monthly journal entries related to accruals and reclasses.
- Completes weekly and monthly reports for management, department personnel, and accounting. Uses multiple technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, electronic calendar and e-mail.
- Processes purchase order, invoices and expenses by getting authorized signatures and sending to designated accounting department.
- Works with accounting department to reconcile any needed adjustments to cost centers’ account.
- Prepares monthly/yearly budgets and is responsible for reviewing and providing explanation of variances to management monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required and minimum of 2 years’ work experience similar to job responsibilities of this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Must work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- 2 years’ direct work experience in accounting related environment, accounts payable, receivable, payroll.
- Understanding of accounting principles; how to track and monitor expenses and revenues.
- Basic understanding of computerized information systems used in financial/accounting applications.
- Knowledge of basic clerical and administrative procedures
- Ability to pay attention to details and correct errors if necessary.
- Proficiency in reconciling data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite software especially Excel, able to utilize advanced formulas and lookup functions.
- Ability to handle stress related to timeliness and deadlines.
- Proficiency in performing mathematical calculations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.