Academic Fieldwork Coordinator, Master of Occupational Therapy Program
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Academic Fieldwork Coordinator for their Master’s Program in Occupational Therapy
GCU’s College of Nursing and Healthcare Professions is seeking an innovative faculty member to coordinate fieldwork education for their new Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (OT) program. As a full-time Academic Fieldwork Coordinator, you will be responsible for the fieldwork components of the program. You will serve as point person for clinical coordination and problem solving with students, faculty and the healthcare partners. During the developmental phase of the program, you will collaborate with the program lead and university supporting departments to assist with program development and ensure accreditation standards are being met.
Target Hire: July 1
Location: GCU Main Campus
Schedule: 12-month position, benefits eligible
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the program’s compliance with the fieldwork requirements of the Accreditation Standards as well as requirements of local and regional accreditors.
- Assist college leadership with the evaluation of preceptors and site supervisors in coordination with Faculty Services.
- Assist program faculty during On Campus Experiences and attend college and departmental meetings.
- Act as a University contact to create and maintain partnerships and relationships with Clinic, Hospital and Community Agencies to meet clinical placement needs in conjunction with the Office of Field Experience.
- Address preceptor concerns and student issues / escalations using chain of command and university policies and procedures.
- Perform in person visits to clinical sites when needed for evaluation. This may be at the direction or discretion of the program lead. Travel may be required outside of the Maricopa County area.
- Ensure accreditation standards, clinical guidelines, policies, and procedures are created and frequently reviewed
- Teaching load will vary and will depend on needs of the program
What you need:
- Preferred Doctoral degree; Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy required
- Minimum of 2 years clinical practice experience
- Experience as a clinical instructor/clinical supervisor and experience in working with healthcare systems
- Experience working with accreditation preferred
- Active, current, unencumbered, unrestricted OT license
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047771