Academic Compliance Administrator - University Appeals
- Communicates with Deans, Faculty, and Staff regarding University policies.
- Ensures protection of student records in accordance with FERPA.
- Compiles and analyzes metrics to improve University policies and processes.
- Researches student appeals, and other issues, as related to University policies.
- Mediates the Appeal Decision Board to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the decisions to ensure appeals are resolved within the 15-day guidelines.
- Ensures all correspondence with accrediting bodies is documented and cataloged assuring that the University remains in compliance with these bodies.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Master’s degree required.
- Possess an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Be able to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior congruent with Christian values in all transactions and relationships; Adheres to the regulatory and legal environment of higher education; Is openly accountable for actions, decisions and outcomes; Contributes to sustained profitability by establishing realistic goals and effectively managing resources; A commitment to Christian ideals, philosophy, and direction of the University as stated through its mission and vision, integrating faith into his or her discipline.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication; Communicates vertically and horizontally throughout the organization; Listens to others to ensure understanding; Contributes meaningful information during meetings.
- Able to work under pressure and still be able to maintain composure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of business acumen and aligns work with strategic goals.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.