ABSN NCLEX Success Manager-Tucson
Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is hiring for an NCLEX Success Manager. This position is primarily responsible for the monitoring and execution of the GCU NCLEX success program, to include the assessment and coordination of course and standardized test results of pre-licensure nursing students. Responsible for creating strategies to recognize at-risk populations to provide resources and opportunities for remediation, and to prepare all pre-licensure nursing students for successful completion of GCU’s Nursing program and to pass the NCLEX-RN exam. This position is offering some relocation assistance.
- Assess academic and standardized test results of Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) pre-licensure nursing students and recommends strategies for improved course and program outcomes.
- Meet with students on a regular basis to monitor utilization of success strategies.
- Coach students in test taking skills and strategies for preparation for all exams, (Course, standardized, exit, and NCLEX-RN).
- Meet with Director of Nursing Services (DNS) and leadership as needed to discuss student or cohort progress.
- Collaborate with faculty and nursing leadership to find methods to improve academic outcomes and NCLEX pass rates.
- Interpret and share results of standardized tests with students and DNAS and leadership.
- Monitor effectiveness of success program at assigned site/location and reports findings to NCLEX Success Director. Analyze relevant student, cohort, site, and program data to identify gaps in outcomes.
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation. Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Support processes and procedures for promoting instructional quality and applied practice in nursing curriculum programs.
- Master’s Degree (MSN) required.
- An active, current, and unencumbered Registered Nurse.
- Experience in assessment of student learning outcomes and remediation strategies required.
- Prior experience in preparing students for NCLEX-RN required.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with standardized testing required.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Demonstrated coaching experience preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.