University Appeal Coordinator
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Academic Compliance and Regulations department is seeking a full time University Appeals Coordinator. Under supervision, this position provides departmental assistance and customer service support within the Appeals department to facilitate administration of the processes available to students, faculty and staff.
- Documents student appeal cases regarding matters that are academic and financial
- Maintains appeal database and tracks trends in the student population potential policy changes. This database provides accurate records and complies with government statistical reporting requirements.
- Ensures all communication regarding appeal results is provided to the student and documented within the academic record.
- Provides support for projects, communication, training and awareness projects.
- Ensures protection of student records in accordance with FERPA.
- Assists with research of current and new laws and regulations.
- Tracks specialized projects to ensure business practices conforming to the legal and policy obligations of the University.
- Researches and monitors legal and regulatory developments.
- Performs additional duties as required by supervisor.
- Provides coverage, as necessary, in the absence of the Administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from a regionally accredited institution preferably in business or educational administration.
- Minimum one year’s work of experience in an office or administrative capacity or a role providing similar services and assistance.
- A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon hiring manger’s approval.
- Knowledge of basic personal computer operations and software, proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with a good command of the English language in order to develop effective and trusting relationships with students.
- A skill and ability to communicate in a non-English language or American Sign Language is helpful but not required.
- Empathetic and sympathetic with a caring demeanor and attitude.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with diverse populations.
- Detailed oriented and accuracy in data entry.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cope professionally with changing priorities.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends or holidays required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.