University Admissions Counselor - Traditional Ground Campus
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
An extraordinary career opportunity with an acclaimed leader in the rapidly growing education sector, Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a talented, energetic Oahu, HI Admissions Representative for our Traditional Ground Campus.
The Admissions Representative works as part of a team to recruit qualified high school students in the region to attend the traditional campus in Phoenix. You must be able to network and build relationships with teachers and staff in local school districts and engage youth groups in your region to provide outreach services to students. You will be responsible for maintaining a busy schedule that includes fairs, school visits, presentations, community/campus events, and hosting campus visits.
If you’re a sales professional who is passionate about impacting futures in academia and advocating the value of education, we want to hear from you! This position is a remote-based, work-from-home position in Oahu, HI. Significant regional travel throughout assigned territory and use of a personal vehicle are required. You must have a valid driver’s license and will receive mileage reimbursement.
Compensation: $47,500 + 6K Geographical Differential for Oahu, HI = $53,500
- Publicize and market GCU’s programs to schools, students and parents though onsite visits and events.
- Build pipeline of prospective students and complete student enrollment process from lead generation through start of class.
- Manage territory and implement recruitment strategies to increase prospective student inquiries and enrollments within new and existing accounts.
- Communicate with campus departments and leadership regarding new opportunities in the region.
- Create and execute event and activity plans, which includes conducting informational and sales presentations.
- Maintain inquiry database and reports.
- Meet or exceed monthly enrollment goals/expectations and analyze trends to improve performance.
- Maintain high level of customer service and student retention rate.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Strong field sales or business development experience.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Highly motivated with a passion for student success and our Christian mission.
- Experience with student/educator populations.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment, highly organized and adaptable.
- Innovative; ability to develop new strategies to generate new inquiries.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for travel within your territory.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Cannot be in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Pay: up to $47,500/year
You must have a valid driver’s license and will receive mileage reimbursement.</p><p><p><span><b>Compensation</b></span><span>: </span> $47,500 + 6K Geographical Differential for Oahu
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000014050