Technical Support Specialist II
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Level-Two Technical Support Specialist. This position provides telephone, e-mail, live chat and social media support to GCU faculty as well as handling escalated customer situations. This role must possess solid understanding of advanced troubleshooting skills, problem identification and analysis, ability to eliminate variables and develop effective problem resolution. Team members are required to achieve performance targets as outlined in the department’s operating guidelines.
- Specializes in Faculty Technical Support Calls, chats, emails, and social media.
- Assists Faculty with basic and advanced troubleshooting, ongoing issues, and provides guidance on classroom technology setup.
- Handles escalated and overflow calls for the department.
- Handles escalated issues and conducts advanced troubleshooting to effectively resolve problems; while at the same time handling initial calls as work volume demands.
- Handles escalated issues related to browser troubleshooting in relation to supported applications.
- Follows through and communicates with the user while working the problem to ensure successful and timely completion of the problem.
- Works with team members and other GCU departments on behalf of the customer to resolve issues;
- Evaluates case documentation and call monitoring according to standards of quality assurance; provides detailed case notes according to quality and procedural standards.
- Consistently meets minimum Quality Assurance expectations.
- Consistently meets first contact resolution metrics.
- Provides walk in support, answers calls, web issues, and live chats and provides problem resolution for training for University Supported Applications.
- Actively participates and supports process improvement initiatives and goals.
- Ability to work alternate shift hours as assigned and needed.
- Prepares required documentation related to customer requests and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a call center/help desk environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Must have a customer-focus, service orientation and professional and courteous manner.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with a customer-service focus and the ability to remain productive, professional, and positive under all circumstances.
- Significant knowledge and experience with a variety of business office applications and Internet utility software.
- Proven coaching/mentoring skills and leadership abilities.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-past, demanding environment.
- Available to work flexible hours. Shifts vary from 6:00 am to 12:30 am, seven days per week, including most holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.