Student Teacher Supervision - Education Administration - College of Education
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Student Teacher Supervisor for the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
- Ability to travel to Jersey City NJ
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating school.
- Verify attendance and placement of Principal Candidate in appropriate setting.
- Complete (2) formal observations of the Principal Candidate. One at the end of the first 8 weeks and another at that end of the 16 weeks.
- Analyze and critique immediately after each observation, identifying specific strengths and refinements, utilizing professional oral and written expression.
- Collaborate with Cooperating Principal to complete Principal Candidate Midterm and Final Evaluation form.
- Act as a counselor to the Principal Candidate by providing adequate individual conference time after each observation.
- Provide effective communication with the Cooperating Principal, Principal Candidate, and Office of Field Experience.
- Act as a resource person to the Principal Candidate by providing additional sources of information and by being available through phone or e-mail contact, cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Keep adequate records on the Principal Candidate.
- Be knowledgeable about the assessment instrument and accurate evaluation procedures, allowing ample time for observation and assessment.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in Educational Administration
- A valid Administrator certification or evidence of an advanced degree in Educational Administration
- Expertise in Educational Leadership, Data Driven Decisions for School Improvement, Legal Issues in Education, Public School Finance, Supervision and Instructional Leadership, and Curriculum and Development for School Improvement
- Minimum of 2-3 years of administrative experience
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000010886