Student Activities Coordinator
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Student Engagement department is currently seeking a Student Activities Coordinator. This position supports Student Involvement and Engagement programming by planning and coordinating effective student activities to a diverse student population which provide engaging outside-of-class experiences and assists with the day-to-day operations.
- Recommends programming, plans logistical arrangements for major and smaller events, advises student leaders, schedules Student Leaders and performs administrative duties.
- Coordinates and plans GCU sponsored events and/or activities as related to Student Engagement. Coordinates logistics, arrangements and details with other on-campus departments ensuring flawless execution of the event or activity.
- Assists Manager and staff in planning, organizing, implementing and participating in Welcome Week activities.
- Coordinates, plans and implements student activities around GCU’s Homecoming event(s).
- Leads the promotion of events or activities through the use of social media platforms or other media and communications.
- Maintains and updates Student Activities webpage(s) content on a regular basis, ensuring accuracy of information; composes and distributes other communications regarding current student activities.
- In consultation with management staff, assists in developing and implementing a training program for student leadership development.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned budget and ensures expenses are appropriate, advising Manager of excessive expenses. Follows appropriate GCU protocols for contracts, orders and accounting. Provides input for the annual budgeting process for Student Engagement/CAB events and activities.
- Provides input and assists Manager in creating written protocols, procedures and policies.
- Assists manager with recruiting, training and the on-going development of Student Leaders.
- Maintains orders and replenishes supplies for student leaders to market events and activities.
- Assists the Director and/or Managers with other campus-wide programs, as needed.
- Assists and advises student leaders as needed or as assigned.
- Monitors and evaluates programmatic effectiveness utilizing a variety of assessment techniques.
- Performs other administrative activities such as tracking budgets/expenses, preparing reports, answering phones, filing, data entry, photocopying, collating materials, etc.
- Works occasional holiday, evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Good planning and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Good critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under stressful conditions to meet deadlines and schedules.
- Computer proficient including MS Office Suite, internet and email.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.