Sponsorship Sales Account Executive
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Sponsorship Sales Account Executive. The principal role is to develop, implement and manage a comprehensive strategic corporate sponsorship plan for GCU. This role will identify and secure revenue generating opportunities with prospects across industries, foster revenue opportunities with existing sponsors, and develop a multi- year strategy and planning goals to increase sponsorship revenue.
- Develops, builds and maintains relationships with current and prospective sponsors.
- Prospects for new potential sponsorships to ensure continuous pipeline of sponsorships.
- Meeting or exceeding established yearly revenue both with existing and new partners/sponsors.
- Developing and pitching sponsorship packages; tailoring packages to meet unique sponsorship needs.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with prospective and current corporate sponsors. Oversees scheduling to ensure appropriate GCU senior leadership is available as required, meeting preparation, note taking and requisite database documentation.
- Liaise with management team regarding possible sponsorship benefits and allowances that can be promised and delivered.
- Work collaboratively with marketing staff and colleagues to create customized content or presentations as sales collateral for use in sponsorship presentations, in accordance with GCU’s ethics, branding and other guidelines.
- Ensure that sponsor’s promotional and visual concepts and campaigns are consistent with and complement GCU’s public image.
- Negotiate sponsorship benefits to be provided to sponsorships and negotiate a clear understanding of mutual obligations.
- Negotiate and draft sponsorship contracts for approval and signing by designated senior executive.
- Works closely with the appropriate departments to ensure appropriate benefits fulfillment for sponsors.
- Coordinates with vendor and appropriate personnel to ensure all contract fulfillment is executed within scope of project and on time
- Ensures sponsors are handled with "white glove customer service" in attendance at all GCU events
- Presents regular reports on the development, delivery and management of the strategic sponsorship plan to senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sponsorship marketing/sales, preferably within higher education in Division I institution or conference as a rights holder, or professional sports team with significant corporate relationships already established.
- Innovative, energetic and relies on self-motivation.
Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.