Space Planning Manager
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Space Planning Program Manager. In this role, you will be expected to coordinate the development of facilities space utilization activities; including but not limited to the development and submission of planning documents, space analysis and data analysis.
- Coordinate the development of space inventory data; manage information to analyze current space and campus planning; create space utilization reports
- Analyze and determine space requirements for Academic, (Classrooms, Labs and Research), Administrative, Athletic and Student programs
- Advise on reducing or optimizing facilities footprint through improved space utilization
- Survey use of classrooms, class laboratories and research space for space analysis of Academic and Research departments.
- Use space utilization software and other best practices for space analysis to plan and implement facility space usage. Maintain and update the Physical Facilities Inventory database in accordance with Industry and University standards.
- Assist in conducting building audits to verify employee locations, furniture layout, and room configurations
- Confirm all site as-built drawings are up to date including architectural, furniture, p-lines, webspace survey, and occupancy data
- Coordinate the planning and acts as liaison with architects and users to plan and prepare project programs, initial construction budget and educational specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be proficient MS Office Suite
- Knowledgeable in Space Management Software (Transitioning to FAMIS 360)
- Must be knowledgeable in computer aided design tools and recordkeeping/databases systems used to prepare reports, graphs, charts and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Planning, Business, Business Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in space planning and/or working with university institutional space management systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working directly with clients and other project stakeholders in determining and documenting programmatic requirements.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.