Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Grand Canyon University’s Lopes Shop is seeking a full time Shipping and Receiving Clerk. This position will oversee the accurate and timely shipping, receiving and distribution of all merchandise sold at GCU retail operations and off-site locations.
- Ensures that all merchandise is properly received, coded if applicable, and that all pertinent data regarding the item, vendor and shipment is accurately entered into inventory system.
- Prepares orders for shipment (labeling, weighing, affixing postage, etc.); ensures orders are sent to be received by purchase/requested deadline.
- May have to run inventory reports to check on daily stock.
- Informs managers if purchased orders of materials cannot be fulfilled because of shortage.
- Processes shipping labels using computerized shipping systems.
- Maintains accurate records of all shipments and transactions.
- Operates hand truck, golf cart and other company vehicles to transport merchandise.
- Assists with bi-annual physical inventory process
- Assists with daily oversight of student workers in fulfilling and receiving of merchandise to ensure timely processing.
- Performs other related duties as required
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Prefer previous work experience in shipping and receiving.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification to be able to move merchandise pallets.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, holidays, evenings and/or early mornings as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.