Senior Radiology Technician
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Senior Radiology Technician. This position serves patients by providing radiology services and assist with setting up infrastructure of the Radiology Department at the Canyon Health and Wellness Clinic.
- Supports patient care by collaborating with physicians, radiologists, radiology technologists, and ancillary staff when radiology results are in question or show a condition which needs to be communicated to the patient; improving and maintaining quality assurance program for department functions.
- Provides radiology services executing radiology and diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Implements sound Radiology policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards as directed and approved by Health Center management
- Ensures the efficient operation of the Radiology Department in all aspects..
- Meets radiology operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implements production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards; identifies system improvements and seeks approval for execution.
- Meets radiology financial standards by providing annual budget information; obtains supplies and equipment as needed seeking approval to ensure within budget guidelines.
- Improves quality results by evaluating accuracy and quality of images; implements new techniques, equipment, and procedures.
- Provides statistical reports by controlling the collection of treatment and clinical data.
- Provides a safe environment by monitoring radioactive exposure of staff and patients; keeping staff and patients safe. Controls radium loading and handling techniques; maintains radium records.
- Prepares students for technical responsibilities by coordinating clinical rotations and training for radiology technology students.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Collaborates with outside organizations (local and nationally) to gather information that may help with quality improvement studies
- Maintains employee dosimetry records.
- Maintains equipment maintenance records.
- A graduate of a nationally accredited Radiology Program.
- Must possess the ARRT certificate.
- Possess an Arizona state license.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working as radiologist.
- Strong knowledge of Radiology standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, HIPPA regulations.
- Familiar with performing diagnostic imaging studies in a variety of clinical settings.
- Strong proficiency in taking, developing, scanning, and interpreting radiographs and tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.