Senior HRIS Analyst - Workday
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst. The Sr. HRIS Analyst provides technology/functional support to Human Resource (HR) systems applications, projects and processes. You'll assist in ensuring all HR Systems are maintained, updated, and HR business needs are met.
System Support & Problem Resolution
- Analyze errors, utilize resources available to drive a resolution and root cause analysis.
- Analyze data errors and provide recommendation for process improvement.
- Assist with system security including user/role updates, password resets and role review audits.
- Support all system integrations.
- Perform data uploads into HRIS as needed.
- Work with users to support functionality and troubleshot system related problems.
- Coach team members on system usage and best practice.
- Actively seek out knowledge on system modules and functionality.
- Develop reports within HRIS application; basic understanding of object oriented architecture; create custom reporting fields and calculations to meet HR analytic needs.
Business Process & System Analysis and Optimization
- Analyze HR functional business processes and recommend improvements (People, Process, Technology).
- Handle system configuration and implementation of HR business processes (Workday).
- Support functional areas such as Recruiting, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence and Leaves, Onboarding and other Human Capital Management functionality to achieve system optimization.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream process impacts and implications across multiple systems and recommend actions to minimize.
- Understanding business requirements and applying application domain expertise to solve problems.
- Develop test scripts to test functionality and ensure that scripts cover all scenarios to ensure business process meets business needs and system functionality.
New/Upgrade of System or Functionality Implementation
- Gather user requirements for new or changing process and collaboratively work with HR partners to ensure changes asked are technically sound and are sound business practices.
- Perform new set up in system and test functionality to requirements.
- Present functionality options to stakeholders and manage deployment.
- Collaborate with designated technical staff to coordinate application of configuration changes related to projects, upgrades and fixes.
- Develop test plan and project plan for upgrades/new functionality
- 2 years’ of hands-on configuration experience (Set up of new functionality) with enterprise HRIS which allows for functionality updates/upgrades and customization preferably with Workday.
- BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of HR processes and impact on HR systems.
- Knowledge of the technology implementation lifecycle.
- Experience with enterprise software development and configuration.
- Collaborative working style and strong team player.
- Familiarity with browser-based tools, RaaS (reports as a service), SaaS (software as a service), in-system integration adapters, and FTP/SFTP.
- Knowledge of XML, SOA, Web Services, REST (Representational State Transfer), XSLT, XSL, Java and SQL.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the University.
- Strong impact and influence skills.
- Very detail oriented and strong data analytical skills.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Takes responsibility for all work activities, behaviors, decisions and results and follows through on commitments.
- Excellent communications/active listening skills with a good command of the English language and ability to translate complex technical information into an understandable means.
- Must be able to safeguard, protect and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check(s).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.