Seamstress (Part Time)
Grand Canyon University’s Canyon Promotions is seeking a Seamstress to work on an as-needed basis. This position is accountable for sewing and affixing emblems or any other required garment fixture to the garments per the customer order. Will also have to support embroidery team as needed with folding, boxing and counting garments, record styles and quantities of garments produced.
- Read orders & embroidery/sewing control sheets to identify design and determine work needed, e.g., location on garment.
- Utilize correct thread for finishing the garments.
- Able to read embroidery/sewing control sheets and follow instructions.
- Check work area for adequate supplies and inform manager if shortages exist especially if not able to complete order on time.
- Check in with team to ensure daily priority of completing orders.
- Maintain GCU acceptable standard of quality; visually check work to assure it confirms to required specifications before releasing from sewing area.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Must meet or exceed productivity and quality standards outlined by the company.
- Inspect product for damages or defects.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- May be required to assist with embroidery machines as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School education required.
- Minimum two years’ professional experience in constructing and finishing garments.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; pays close attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
- Professional communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner and work effectively while under stress.
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well.
- Ability to work as team member in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong skill in using industrial sewing machines and equipment
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.