Residence Life Manager
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Residence Life Manager. This position manages the overall administrative functions and staff supervision for an assigned group of buildings, number of residence halls and/or apartment suites or number of students. The position works closely with Residence Life staff to ensure that the department is implementing the Community Learning Plan and fulfilling its responsibility to provide a positive educational, social, cultural and spiritual campus living experience for all residents. This positon is also responsible for the direction and coordination of residence programs as well as overseeing and assisting Resident Directors in the planning, administration and evaluation of programs.
- Oversees the daily operations of several co-educational campus residence halls and/or apartment communities.
- Supervises Resident Directors and indirectly Resident Assistants including performance management and employment decisions and the Community Learning Plan.
- Provides guidance and support to Resident Directors in escalated situations.
- Meets regularly with Resident Directors and staff to ensure open communication regarding policies, processes, programs, staff development and living area concerns.
- Provides oversight of residential processes and policies including room assignments, changes in living areas, check-in and check-out in cooperation with Housing.
- Alternates with other Residence Life Managers for secondary call availability for Resident Directors.
- Assists with the implementation of University policies and procedures, residential curriculum and community development and interacts with resident students for alleged violations.
- Attends meetings, training and development sessions and serves as liaison between University departments and organizations, custodial/facilities staff, departmental operations staff and Public Safety.
- Participates in Resident Director committee groups, providing coaching and general oversight of planning.
- Intercedes in disciplinary and emergency situations as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related experience preferably in Residence Life in higher education. Similar and relevant experience will be considered.
- Prior experience in mentoring students, student development, or other people management experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Must be willing to work on-call schedules, weekends, holidays as needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.