Residence Life Manager
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Residence Life Manager. This position manages the overall administrative functions and staff supervision for an assigned group of buildings, number of residence halls and/or apartment suites or number of students. The position works closely with Residence Life staff to ensure that the department is implementing the Community Learning Plan and fulfilling its responsibility to provide a positive educational, social, cultural and spiritual campus living experience for all residents. This position is also responsible for the direction and coordination of residence programs as well as overseeing and assisting Resident Directors in the planning, administration and evaluation of programs.
- Oversees the daily operations of several co-educational campus residence halls and/or apartment communities.
- Supervises Resident Directors and indirectly Resident Assistants including performance management and employment decisions and the Community Learning Plan.
- Provides guidance and support to Resident Directors in escalated situations.
- Meets regularly with Resident Directors and staff to ensure open communication regarding policies, processes, programs, staff development and living area concerns.
- Provides oversight of residential processes and policies including room assignments, changes in living areas, check-in and check-out in cooperation with Housing.
- Alternates with other Residence Life Managers for secondary call availability for Resident Directors.
- Assists with the implementation of University policies and procedures, residential curriculum and community development and interacts with resident students for alleged violations.
- Attends meetings, training and development sessions and serves as liaison between University departments and organizations, custodial/facilities staff, departmental operations staff and Public Safety.
- Participates in Resident Director committee groups, providing coaching and general oversight of planning.
- Intercedes in disciplinary and emergency situations as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related experience preferably in Residence Life in higher education. Similar and relevant experience will be considered.
- Prior experience in mentoring students, student development, or other people management experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Must be willing to work on-call schedules, weekends, holidays as needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.