Research Specialist - College of Doctoral Studies
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Research Specialist. This position will provide oversight for a number of doctoral research-related systems and processes such as the Institutional Review Board, for Grand Canyon University (GCU). This individual will interact daily with the Assistant Deans, Faculty, Doctoral Students, Undergraduate Students, Research Specialists, Doctoral Operations Analyst and the Office of Dissertations to assist in the successful execution of university research projects. The Research Specialist II will manage research protocols in the electronic IRB system, support IRB, and approve exempt and expedited IRB applications. This position reports to the Assistant Dean, Operations and Management. The Research Specialist II is expected to independently fulfill all responsibilities with minimal management supervision.
- Review and approve university exempt and expedited Institutional Review Board applications ensuring compliance with federal guidelines.
- Provide input and overall guidance in the review and approval of Institutional Review Board applications requiring full board reviews ensuring compliance with federal guidelines.
- Provide ongoing education and training for study investigators, IRB members, faculty, staff, and students.
- Manage monthly Institutional Review Board Meetings.
- Develop and deploy IRB related business processes to achieve rapid response to application submissions and high quality reviews
- Maintain IRB study-related documentation in accordance with GCU University policies, IRB policies, and local and federal regulations.
- Prepare reports for college leadership on research-related activity.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution. Doctoral degree preferred.
- One year Institutional Review Board experience.
- Proficient in use of computer and software applications e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and IRB systems.
- CIP Certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to professionally interact and communicate complex information verbally and in written form.
- Experience working in a virtual team environment preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.