Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Registered Nurse to work in the Canyon Health and Wellness Center. Working within the nursing scope of practice, the RN provides nursing care for patients of the Canyon Health and Wellness Clinic through nursing consultations, in-person or phone triage, use of standing orders and protocols or in combination with an advanced practice nurse. The RN also consults with patients who may be students, faculty or staff with preventive services, and follow-up care, and staffs the Center during assigned days and times.
- Conducts in clinic and phone triage of patients including urgent, emergent walk-ins; makes recommendations for care utilizing approved standing orders and protocols. Creates plan of care for treating patients, provides health care information to teach patients proper care procedures, and/or prescribes medication (within scope of practice, in conjunction with advanced practice nursing staff oversight and utilization of standing orders). Confers with clinic providers to discuss plan of care.
- Consistently utilizes the nursing process to provide quality patient care and patient education
- Completes phlebotomy tasks, wound care, IV placements and intravenous monitoring, injections, splinting and fitting for medical equipment.
- Assists with on-boarding, oversight and direct care of patients transferring maintenance care of allergy injection to Canyon Health & Wellness Clinic.
- Assists with rooming patients and front desk coverage as needed
- Follows the Canyon Health and Wellness Clinic nursing policies and procedures in patient care and treatments
- Documents appropriately in EMR system patient visit notes, objective data, medications, procedures, patient progress and changes in patient charts, ensuring records are updated timely.
- Educates patients regarding abnormal test results and/or medical conditions and explains medical terms and procedures
- Communicates treatment related information effectively through written documentation and appropriate verbal patient interaction
- May refer patients to physicians for consultations or specialized health resources for treatment
- Revises medication and nursing care plans as needed in conjunction with treatment planning goals
- Assists with and participates in outreach programs and events
- May assist in arranging onsite emergency medical personnel for various University events
- May assist Clinic Manager with ensuring licensing, certifications and other required credentials are kept current and active
- Provides counsel, guidance and treatment to students regarding their physical, emotional and/or social issues, problems and concerns; provides health information and instruction regarding nutrition, diet, social issues, communicable diseases, and other matters.
- Provides immunizations, tuberculosis screenings, vision/hearing tests and other services for eligible students and staff; provides employment -related and/or health program screenings as assigned.
- Current R.N. AZ nursing license is required.
- 3 years of experience as an RN is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience in emergency Department or Urgent Care preferred.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of human anatomy, human systems, medical interactions and drug therapies.
- Patient focused with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical, decision making and problem solving skills and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to accurately diagnose patients and prescribe correct treatment.
- Strong research skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including electronic/digital medical records software systems.
- Ability to maintain composure and emotional stability during periods of high stress.
- Subscribes to continuous learning, maintains current knowledge of trends and updates in the medical field.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.