Grand Canyon University’s Library is currently seeking 2 Full-time Reference Librarians. These positions provide high quality, customer-focused reference services to individuals and groups as well as providing education on the use of the library and its resources (including individual, classroom, and web-based instruction), and supports the continuous improvement of instructional programs and practices that impact student learning.
The hours for these positions are Saturday through Wednesday from 1:30pm to 10:30pm, or Tuesday through Saturday from 1:30pm to 10:30pm
- Provides virtual and in-person reference service to groups and individuals.
- Promotes library services and assists in general circulation services.
- Participates in library outreach programs and conducts library tours.
- Provides library instruction and actively participates in the development and design of classes on use of the library and its resources.
- Collaborates with other library staff in planning expected learning outcomes and promoting resources.
- Develops electronic instructional materials for a variety of subjects, classes and specific assignments.
- Engages in collection development and management in assigned subject areas.
- Position may require evening and weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Professional experience in an academic library preferred.
- Must be able to work in a high volume, customer service environment.
- Good written communication skills with a good command of the English language; adept at writing technical information in a succinct and understandable format.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Must be a collaborative team player or capable of working independently.
- Able to explain how to use a computer and how to read a computer screen to people over the telephone or via video conferencing.
- Familiar with utilizing article databases and various online search engines.
- Must be able to pass background investigations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.