Practicum/Internship Evaluator - Professional Counseling - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Professional Counseling Student Supervisor for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
Please note this is an immediate part-time role.
Ability to drive to a site location in Sacramento, California and organize face-to-face and phone meetings with the clinical supervisor.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating clinic, hospital, school, community agency and/or private practice. Maintain effective communication with the cooperating clinical supervisor, assigned counseling student, and Office of Field Experience (OFE).
- Act as a resource person to the clinical supervisor by providing additional sources of information and by having face-to-face and phone contact during the assigned practicum course(s).
- Listen to any concerns regarding the practicum experience and relate those concerns in the end of visit report and to the office of field experience.
- Provide knowledge about evaluation procedures.
- Complete the evaluation within the assignment dates specified on the contract.
- Current and valid licensure in state of residence (Licensed Practicing Counselor)
- Minimum of a doctorate degree in clinical psychology, counseling, counselor education & supervision, marriage and family therapy or behavioral health and hold an independent license, or a master degree in a counseling related field, plus independently licensed and 5 years of practicing experience.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000014086