Online Full Time Faculty - Introduction to Computer Science and Information Technology
Grand Canyon University’s Online Instruction department is seeking an Online Full Time Faculty for Introduction to Computer Science and Information Technology. The Online Full Time Faculty develops and provides quality instruction which advances in specific disciplines associated with the individuals teaching assignment. This position will be located at our Phoenix location and work the hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Teaches one of more subjects within prescribed curriculum and encourages student success.
- Prepares and delivers competency-based online education and delivers online class instruction, providing theory and practice education; instructs and facilitates a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum.
- Through distance delivery mechanisms, ensures learning objectives are being met.
- Partners with Enrollment, Academic and Finance counselors to provide support to students.
- Stimulates class discussions and fosters and encourages an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations or assigns this work to others.
- Provides qualitative, holistic feedback to support the numerical score awarded for assignments.
- Demonstrates effective written communication skills (i.e. clarity, spelling, grammar) and an overall professional and respectful tone with students.
- Support student learning through multiple delivery systems including phone calls and emails.
- Contributes to a culture of learning.
- Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Computer Programming or Software Development or related discipline -OR-
- Masters in Information Systems or Masters in Business Administration (MBA ) or related discipline AND 2 or more years industry or academic experience in Computer Programming with Java SE. -OR-
- Bachelors in any field AND 10+ years of industry or instructional experience in Standard Java.
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellent in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related technical field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Comprehensive and extensive Industry experience, and interdisciplinary teaching experience.
Opportunities and Benefits:
- An excellent work/life balance with generous PTO, paid holidays and employee appreciation days.
- Free access to our health and fitness center, which includes a Health and Wellness Specialist.
- 100% tuition coverage for employees seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees; generous tuition coverage applicable towards spouse and dependents.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.