Online Full Time Faculty - Cybersecurity
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Online Instruction department is seeking a Full Time Online (not virtual) Faculty in Cybersecurity program. The Full Time Online Faculty develops and provides quality instruction which advances in specific disciplines associated with the individuals teaching assignment. This position will be located at our Phoenix location and work the hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. This is not a virtual position.
- Teaches one of more subjects within prescribed curriculum and encourages student success.
- Prepares and delivers competency-based online education and delivers online class instruction, providing theory and practice education; instructs and facilitates a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum.
- Through distance delivery mechanisms, ensures learning objectives are being met.
- Partners with Enrollment, Academic and Finance counselors to provide support to students.
- Stimulates class discussions and fosters and encourages an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations or assigns this work to others.
- Provides qualitative, holistic feedback to support the numerical score awarded for assignments.
- Demonstrates effective written communication skills (i.e. clarity, spelling, grammar) and an overall professional and respectful tone with students.
- Support student learning through multiple delivery systems including phone calls and emails.
- Contributes to a culture of learning.
Education and Experience:
- Masters (or higher) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information, or in a related field, providing equivalent experience.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or certified in CompTIA Security+.
All Candidates must have:
- 2-5 years of experience designing and/or implementing security infrastructures and/or conducting security assessments, penetration testing, and/or risk analysis in mid to large size organizations.
- Experience in Kali Linux, MS Server 2012 (or 2008), network administration, and Linux Administration; including the ability to demonstration security hardening concepts for configuration and management of DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, database systems, and networking hardware/software, with the ability to setup/manage/troubleshoot multi-layered architectures in virtualized environments.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to successfully adapt to an e-learning environment.
- Willingness to work in an accelerated learning format and to work online with students on a daily basis.
- Able to work Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional availability on weekends to provide a 24 hour turnaround time for questions or concerns from students.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Opportunities and Benefits:
- An excellent work/life balance with generous PTO, paid holidays and employee appreciation days.
- Free access to our health and fitness center, which includes a Health and Wellness Specialist.
- 100% tuition coverage for employees seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees; generous tuition coverage applicable towards spouse and dependents.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.