Online Full-time Faculty-Counselor Education and Supervision
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Online Instruction department is seeking full time faculty candidates to teach courses in our Counselor Education and Supervision Ph.D. program.
- Teaches one of more subjects within prescribed curriculum and encourages student success.
- Prepares and delivers competency-based online education and delivers online class instruction, providing theory and practice education; instructs and facilitates a meaningful learning experience of the course competencies in the curriculum.
- Through distance delivery mechanisms, ensures learning objectives are being met.
- Partners with Enrollment, Academic and Finance counselors to provide support to students.
- Stimulates class discussions and fosters and encourages an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations or assigns this work to others.
- Provides qualitative, holistic feedback to support the numerical score awarded for assignments.
- Demonstrates effective written communication skills (i.e. clarity, spelling, grammar) and an overall professional and respectful tone with students.
- Support student learning through multiple delivery systems including phone calls and emails.
- Contributes to a culture of learning.
- Supports adherence to CACREP standards
- Works closely with the college on student related issues
- Advise students on issues related to the counseling field
- Attends college meetings virtually and/or when needed in person
- Maintain an active license.
- Maintain an active membership to a recognized professional counseling association (American Counseling Association, ACA preferred).
- Show evidence of advocacy/professional service, research or scholarly activities in counseling.
- Assists in duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, holds an independent license in the field of counseling, and has experience in conducting research or scholarly related activities.
- Has a doctoral degree in a related field (clinical/counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, behavioral or mental health, or substance abuse counseling), and was employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013. Holds an independent license in the field of counseling, and has experience in conducting research or scholarly related activities.
All Candidates must have:
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to successfully adapt to an e-learning environment.
- Willingness to work in an accelerated learning format and to work online with students on a daily basis.
- Able to work Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional availability on weekends to provide a 24 hour turnaround time for questions or concerns from students.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.