Online Division Admissions Counselor
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
As an Online Division Admissions Counselor, you are the first impression for prospective students and foster counselor-student relationships. You connect with prospective online students to support them in making informed decisions about their college career in order for students to achieve their educational goals and create meaningful futures at Grand Canyon University.
Admissions jobs at GCU are staffed by energetic and service-focused people who are driven by impacting students’ lives. Working over the phone in a fast-paced team environment, we introduce students to the exciting online learning experience within our various colleges. We’re adept at advising students as they begin their degree program to ensure long-term student success and retention.
Starting salary is $40,000 per year with the potential to earn up to $70,000 after 3 years.
This position requires working out of our office in Phoenix, AZ (this is not a remote or virtual position).
- Communicates with new and prospective online students via outbound and inbound call contact (3+ hours talk time per day).
- As a member of a high-performing team, meets performance goals and generates referral activity.
- Guides prospective students through GCU’s admissions processes by clearly communicating program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, time commitment, technology requirements and student support services.
- Introduces new students to the online classroom.
- Works with a team to ensure student success.
- Keeps accurate records of student information observing confidentiality.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years related experience with at least 60 college credits completed.
- Proficient with the Internet and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Self-motivated and passionate with determination to provide exceptional service.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and confident phone presence.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Opportunities and Benefits:
- After six months of employment, opportunity to be considered for work from home and alternative work schedules (depending on department)
- An excellent work/life balance with generous PTO, paid holidays and employee appreciation days
- Free access to our health and fitness center, which includes a Health and Wellness Specialist
- 100% tuition coverage for employees seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees; generous tuition coverage applicable towards spouse and dependents
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.