Nursing Immersive Simulation Facilitator
Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immersive Simulation Facilitator. This serves as educational support to the Clinical Operations to ensure excellence in Immersive Patient Care Management Simulation learner experience, and in scenario design, facilitation and debriefing methodology and techniques.
- Serves as primary educational support for Clinical Simulation Educational Activities.
- Proactively coordinates in advance with Director of Clinical Operations and Director of Lab and Simulation to schedule activities and manage equipment and supplies for each activity.
- Oversees all training processes and ensures systems and equipment are enabled to meet the learning outcomes.
- Collaborative participation in scenario design, evaluation, implementation into curriculum, and provision of experience to learners.
- Leads provision of entire scenario experience, facilitation and debriefing for learner(s).
- Leads trial, validation, and evaluation processes for implementation of scenarios as a part of curriculum.
- Orients, coordinates and directs Simulation Technician, actors, volunteers and faculty prior to each scenario experience, facilitation and debriefing.
- Ensures and maintains standards for operations, scenario design, facilitation, and debriefing in alignment with specified immersive simulation training programs policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and assists designated faculty with concurrent and/or retrospective video annotation, data capture and creation of outcome tracking, results and reports.
- Coordinates with Simulation Technician to confirm pre-programming of manikin simulators, task trainers, AV, & data collection are ready for each experience use.
- Coordinates with Simulation Technician to confirm designated pre-sets, staging, and disposable supplies for each scenario are ready for immediate use.
- Ensure Faculty & Learners are oriented to capabilities, limitations, safety & proper use of all simulation manikins, trainers, AV, and equipment.
- Manage Clinical Simulation Educational Activity Related Supplies & Equipment.
- Provide technical and operational support for AV systems, data collection systems, Human Patient Simulator systems, computer systems, and task trainer systems.
- Manage clinical simulation educational activity during practice, rehearsal, and research as it pertains to Immersive Patient Care Management simulation scenarios, skills and task training, standardized patient encounters, and conference sessions according to standardized methodology and techniques and policy and procedure.
- Provide reports or feedback to didactic faculty on student progress or outcomes.
- Attend required faculty meetings and participate in committees.
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends as required by business needs.
- Master’s degree (MSN) from a CCNE/NLNAC or ACEN accredited program.
- Must have active unencumbered Arizona RN license.
- Two years related experience in healthcare, clinical healthcare education, or healthcare simulation education.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Previous experience facilitating immersive simulation.
- Previous experience with simulation debriefing and strategies.
- Previous experience collaborating in immersive simulation scenario design, evaluation and implementation into curriculum.
- Contemporary lab competence and knowledge about simulation both high fidelity and virtual reality as evidenced by relevant continuing education and professional organization affiliation.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.