Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Family Nurse Practitioner. This position would work independently, providing advanced practice nursing level for patients of the Canyon Health and Wellness Center through medical consultations, history and physical examinations and medical medication assessment. Consults with patients who may be students, faculty or staff and assesses, diagnoses, orders lab tests, prescribes medication, treats or refers patients to more urgent medical care, handles telephone triage, assists with preventive services, and follow-up care. Staffs the Canyon Health and Wellness Center during assigned days and times.
Please note, this position will have a 4 day work schedule, working 10 hours per day. This is also an 11 month full time position that will be paid over 12 months, with the benefit of having one month off during the summer.
- Evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients by providing medical consultations, completion of history and physical examinations, heath teaching and/or prescribing medication.
- Prescribes medication and consistently utilizes the nursing process to provide quality patient care.
- Revises medication and nursing care plans as needed in conjunction with treatment planning goals.
- Follows the Canyon Health and Wellness nursing policies and procedures in prescribing medications and treatments.
- Documents medications and treatments in patient charts.
- Documents treatment plans as well as any changes to the treatment plan in the patient chart.
- Documents on patient progress notes and maintains up to date records as needed.
- Communicates any treatment related information as needed.
- May refer patients to physicians for consultations or specialized health resources for treatment.
- Assists with and participates in outreach programs and events.
- May assist in arranging on-site emergency medical personnel for various University events.
- Ensures licensing, certifications and other credentials are kept current and up to date.
- Graduate degree in Nursing
- Arizona registered Nurse Practitioner in good standing or current multi-state licensure in good standing in another compact party state.
- Current National nursing certification from a national certifying body recognized by the State of Arizona Board.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of human anatomy, human systems, medical interactions and drug therapies.
- Patient focused with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical, decision making and problem solving skills and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations in a mature, sensitive and compassionate manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities and displays flexibility and ability to function in uncertain or ambiguous circumstances.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to accurately diagnose patients and prescribe correct treatment.
- Strong research skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including electronic/digital medical records software systems.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and emotional stability during periods of high stress.
- Subscribes to continuous learning, maintains current knowledge of trends and updates in the medical field.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.