Ministry Outreach Coordinator
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Local Outreach Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordination of the recruitment, training, and development of local campus student ministry leaders as well as campus outreach efforts.
- Support and carry out the vision and mission of the Local Outreach Program, as well as the greater Department of Spiritual Life initiatives.
- Report to the Local Outreach Manager, and execute given responsibilities at the discretion of their manager, such as service projects, marketing strategies, speaking engagements, etc.
- Participate in the interview and selection process to select student leaders for Local outreach ministry.
- Assist Local Outreach Manager in the training and mobilization of student leaders during August training and throughout the school year.
- Maintain reports pertaining to the outreach program, such as chapel attendance, GPA requirements, and other reports involving local outreach student leaders.
- Coordinates ministry events including, but not limited to: Serve the City, Local Outreach Week, and 24/7 Prayer Week.
- Meet directly with outreach student leaders and provides guidance and mentorship to their specific local ministry.
- Develops and executes initiatives to mobilize campus body to assimilate into local outreach ministry opportunities.
- Develop and maintain local outreach partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ministry-related degree program preferred.
- A minimum of 1 years’ ministry experience, preferably with college students or within a higher-education institution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of personnel.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.