Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
GCU is currently seeking a full time Locksmith with locksmith skills, performance and the ability and the willingness to take on new challenges. Employees in this job perform a wide range of locksmith and electronic access system duties, including the installation, maintenance and repair of locks, doors, and hardware; opening of locks on doors and safes; and the changing of lock combinations.
- Install, repair and maintain commercial lockable hardware such as doors, automatic electric door,
- Windows, lockers and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities.
- Produce and/or modify hardware for locks.
- Make new keys; replace broken or lost keys.
- Design and maintain master key system.
- Design, modify, and implement security policies and procedures.
- Design, implement and maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to state and federal Code Requirements and reports back to supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Researches, purchases and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities employees.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a locksmith.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have high school degree.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used int eh locksmith trade, including complex access and control systems; thorough knowledge of all types of locks, fastening devices and related hardware.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance, particularly pertaining to fire exits and door hardwire.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical locking and security systems and devices.
- Must be able to perform journey-level commercial locksmith work.
- Must be willing to participate in rotating on call schedules.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.