Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree at a significantly reduced rate! Grand Canyon University offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents.
In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
GCU Hotel’s Canyon 49 restaurant is seeking full time line cooks. These positions will be responsible for preparation of food and presentation of all menu items/orders meeting GCU quality standards and all Standard Operating Procedures and food safety procedures. You must be able to work a flexible schedule that include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Prepare and cook food items according to Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent quality in either the pantry, fry or other stations in the kitchen.
- Maintain sanitation standards according to Standard Operating Procedures and FDA/OSHA requirements.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Properly portion all items as dictated to Standard Operating Procedures/Recipe guidelines.
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift.
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishable items.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Actively seek ways to reduce food costs.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents/incidents following GCU/OSHA guidelines.
- May need to assist in other kitchen/restaurant areas as needed and requested.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience; prefer 3 years’ experience in high volume/demand hospitality venue.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, early morning, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card at one’s own expense prior to beginning of employment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presented required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests
- Ability to prepare and present food according to Standard Operating Procedures/Recipe guidelines.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Must be fluent in English with the ability to read and write.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.