Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Library is seeking a full time Library Supervisor. This individual will be responsible for the supervision of library student workers. The Library Supervisor works to accomplish the primary objective of serving library patrons by insuring smooth operation of the various activities of the department. This position will need to be able to work the hours of 5:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Collaborates with Library staff and other departments to fulfill smooth daily operation of Library Services
- Provides prompt and friendly services to Library patrons, in person and over the phone; resolves complaints; assists in difficult service interactions; refers patrons to other departments as necessary
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, supervising, scheduling, training, progress monitoring, and evaluation of all Library student workers
- Oversees the maintenance of the Library collection, and organization of the Library floors
- Responsible for collecting and monitoring statistics required for the management of the Library
- Supervises and participates in set-up, and take down, for all events held in the Library and sessions in the Library Instruction Room
- Processes interlibrary loan requests, including fulfilling loans for Library patrons, requesting materials from other libraries, and sending materials to other libraries for loan
- Maintains library materials, furnishings, equipment, technology, and signage
- Identifies, submits and coordinates all necessary maintenance requests for the Library floors
- Responsible for library supply inventory and ordering of library supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of library experience preferred in customer service
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours; will be part of rotating library schedule to serve patrons.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Able to explain how to use a computer and how to read a computer screen to people over the telephone or via video conferencing.
- Able to read through resources and determine if content relevant to academic learning outcomes which requires ability to assimilate and interpret information and draw conclusions.
- Familiar with utilizing article databases and various online search engines.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and trends of professional library work.
- Knowledge of materials, publishers, and vendors and overall operation of the Library
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.