Grand Canyon University’s Library is seeking a full-time Library Assistant. Working under general supervision, the Library Assistant helps students and staff in the use of library resources and services, and assists the Curriculum Librarian.
- Troubleshoots and performs maintenance on Library resources linked in online courses
- Searches in article databases and other online resources to provide replacement links for resources
- Explains library policies and performs circulation duties
- Provides general information about library services and facilities
- Assists patrons in the use of public access catalog, library computer systems, and other library equipment
- Answers basic reference questions, filters questions, and refers questions requiring professional assistance to a librarian
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum one year related library experience or training preferred
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, customer service environment
- Good written communication skills with a good command of the English language
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a collaborative team player and capable of working independently
- Self-motivated and action-oriented
- Must be proficient with computer usage and proficient with Microsoft Office, such as able to use email and send email attachments
- Able to explain how to use a computer and how to read a computer screen to people over the telephone or via video conferencing
- Familiar with utilizing article databases and various online search engines
- Must be able to pass background investigations
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.