Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University's Hotel is seeking full time Laundry Attendants. The primary purpose of the position is to maintain excellent housekeeping standards, to ensure guest satisfaction and a future return. The Laundry Attendant is expected to provide prompt, courteous, friendly and professional service to all guests at all times. They are responsible for maintaining superior quality service for guests. Performing their jobs on a daily basis, they are required to be detailed in every aspect of their work while maintaining an efficient pace.
- Places linen in containers for transport to laundry.
- Sort's items and counts and records number of items soiled.
- Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Disposes of torn articles as established.
- Stores laundered linen on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles.
- Issues linen which are both to be exchanges on a clean-for-soiled basis only.
- Counts and records linen to fill requisition.
- Periodic inventories of linens
- Ensures that the linen are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked.
- Receives, sorts and double checks conditions of all linens, records all outgoing and incoming from the laundry thoroughly before storing and issuing.
- Makes available equipment/cleaning materials generally required for effective output.
- Assists management in checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles to ensure they meet the Hotel's specifications and provide new incoming stocks with accurate stamps.
- Ensures high standard of cleanliness in laundry work area.
- Reports to management when stocks reach the minimum for order purposes.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Gathers and launders soiled pool towels. Restocks and maintains pool towel inventory as needed.
- Adheres to all GCU policies and procedures.
- Reports for duty punctually dressed appropriately according to hotel policy.
- Daily rotation of duties consists of: operation of washers, dryers, towel folder, preparation of linen cages, delivering of linens to the floors and linen exchange outside Laundry facilities.
- Ensures prompt delivery of linens requests from room attendants thought out the day
- Reports any problems or malfunctions of laundry equipment to a supervisor.
- Responds to guest requests for assistance, direction, and other information
- Reports all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to Security department.
- Assists guests in room related functions in an efficient, courteous and professional manner that maintains standards of service and hospitality.
- Assists housekeeping in stripping hotel linens/towels and removing trash.
- Greets guests, responds effectively to guest concerns and requests. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
- A minimum of one year experience in customer service or hospitality industry.
- High school diploma
- Must be able to pass background check for employment.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure room cleanliness standards are met.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read and write.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, which includes nights, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.