Grand Canyon University’s Landscaping department is currently seeking a Landscaper. Under specific direction from the supervisor, crew lead or manager, the Landscaper has ongoing responsibility to the overall care, maintenance and beautification of the University grounds and campus(es) including lawns, paved areas, sports areas and fields, parking areas, planters, plants vegetation and trees, and keeping areas free from litter; and may participate in ground construction activities.
This position pays $12 hourly. The schedule for the position is Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00am to 1:00pm.
- Performs seasonal grounds duties as directed.
- Operates mowing, portable blowers/vacuums, edgers and trimming equipment with related implements, chain saws, brushing saws, chipper and numerous hand tools.
- Maintains high standards of beautification and cleanliness and inspects grounds for needed maintenance and picks up and disposes of any accumulated debris, removes and repairs graffiti, ensures seating areas and public gathering spots are in good condition, cleans drains, gutters and troughs, etc.
- Plants, trims and prunes shrubs, bushes, hedges, trees, ground cover, cacti, flowers, turf, etc.; may water trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns and perform irrigation activities.
- Assists in the maintenance of parking lots and other surfaces, including asphalt repairs and minor masonry or plastering work as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Previous commercial grounds maintenance/landscaping experience.
- Knowledgeable in the proper operation of equipment, tools, and procedures of grounds construction and care.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides used in grounds care and gardening.
- Skill in operating grounds maintenance and grounds construction equipment.
- Must be able to perform heavy physical labor on a daily basis and in extreme desert temperatures.
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends or holidays as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.