Janitorial Services Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Janitorial Services Manager. This position manages university janitorial operations, budgets, and staff. The Janitorial Services Manager ensures quality, courteous and timely services, appropriate procedures and also ensures that workflows, safety procedures and protocols are in place for both staff and residents.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Monitors daily completion of routine custodial tasks, service requests and follows up on any outstanding items.
- Recommends and participates in developing annual budgets, monitoring and controlling expenses and maintaining good fiscal responsibility, and controlling compensation and rewards.
- Where necessary, develops specifications for the work to be completed, obtains bids from vendors and makes recommendations, negotiates price and oversees work of all vendors/contractors working on or providing janitorial service for the facilities.
- Monitors the dispatch of workers in the performance of custodial requests within budgeted guidelines.
- Selects, trains, manages and evaluates assigned staff and/or student workers. Ensures staff are developed and trained and ensures a motivated and engaged workforce by providing positive reinforcement, counseling and mentoring. Manages employee performance and makes recommendations for staff and compensation. Monitors and manages employee timekeeping records and approves biweekly submissions to payroll.
- Oversees safety and security requirements and procedures to ensure compliance, determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and ensures unsafe conditions are remedied.
- Works collaboratively with all Facilities departments and identifies and participates in the resolution of departmental challenges to develop, sustain, and continually assess and improve the effectiveness of Facilities services.
- Periodically inspects facilities o minimize liability concerns and to ensure that excellent conditions and cleanliness are maintained.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program that extends the life of the facilities while minimizing future repairs.
- Manages supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in custodial, building maintenance in a management capacity. University custodial experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in leading or managing a custodial staff.
- Demonstrated ability to positively manage and motivate staff.
- Must be proficient in developing, managing, tracking and controlling expenses and budgets.
- May consider an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education.
- Must be knowledgeable of safety requirements and precautions and able to set examples for proper safety measurements for employees. Must have knowledge of proper use and handling of various cleaning chemicals and solvents and OSHA requirements.
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, evenings or extended hours as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.