Janitor/Porter (Night Shift)
There are various night shift schedules open for this position:
- Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Monday - Friday, 10:00 pm - 6:00 am
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Dusts furniture, file cabinets, paneling, window sills, other equipment, printers, faxes, telephones, picture frames/wall hangings including magazine racks, air conditioning registers, wall grills or other ventilating louvers such ceiling air conditioning diffusers, and other exterior surfaces such as light fixtures.
- Vacuums and mops floor surfaces; empties wastebaskets, cleans windows.
- Keeps stairways and exterior buildings clean: dusting exterior lights, cleaning glass doors, etc. and may occasionally power wash building wall exteriors.
- Keeps rest rooms replenished with supplies: working automated dispensers, hand towels, toilet tissue, etc.
- When working the night shift, ensures the buildings are secured and locked after cleaning and notifies public safety. Notifies public safety or lead/supervisor of any suspicious situations, lost valuables, etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- High School completion preferred, or the equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of related commercial cleaning experience, or similar work experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently involves pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, holding, carrying, reaching, reaching above the shoulders, stooping, bending at the waist, bending at the knees, kneeling, bending side to side, crouching, standing on step stools or small ladders and balancing.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.