Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Golf Course is seeking a full time Irrigation Technician. Under the direction of the Supervisor, performs a variety of both routine and non-routine duties involved in the installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance and minor repair of manual and automatic irrigation and sprinkler systems as well as landscape preparation, recovery and planting throughout the campus.
- Inspects all existing systems throughout the campus to ensure systems for efficiency, are working properly or need for repair. Ensures systems are working within state standards
- Installs new systems and/or assists with renovation of systems per architect drawings and plans and ensure proper functioning.
- Determines cause for needed repair and independent repairs or makes recommendations to supervisor of repairs required beyond capabilities. Repairs and maintains valves, tracing electrical components, installing and initializing clocks and timers, locating existing zones and valves and performing pump repairs.
- May utilize computerized tools to analyze irrigation systems for problems Assists in the maintenance of parking lots and other surfaces, including asphalt repairs and minor masonry or plastering work as required.
- Lays out pipe along designated pipeline settings in field; connects pipe
- Attaches sprinkler heads to pipe at designated points.
- Activates and deactivates irrigation systems according to seasonal priorities or pre-established schedules.
- Ensures uniform distribution of watering to all areas.
- Recommends purchasing or ordering of parts required to repair, create or renovate irrigation systems while maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Observes and subscribes to safety precautions at all times and responsible for personal safety performance.
- Assists with landscaping/groundskeeping duties as needed
- Familiarity and knowledge of computerized irrigation control systems.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret blue prints and regulatory forms and reports.
- Must be able to use hand held devices in the field such as smart phones/ipads, etc..
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours.
- Good communications skills with the ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- High School Diploma. A 2-year college degree in landscaping, horticulture or a related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Certification such as Water Audit, Backflow, Landscape Tech, etc. is preferred but not required
- Minimum 1 year related landscaping, horticulture, commercial irrigation work experience
- Ability to constantly work in all weather conditions, particularly extreme desert temperatures, with exposure to all types of vegetation, weeds, trees, flowers and pollens.
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or move up to 75 pounds, climb ladders, and meet physical demands
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.