Instructional Assistant - English Language Learners - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time ELL Instructional Assistant. The ELL Instructional Assistant will be responsible for assisting in four English classroom sessions (up to 93 learners in each class), focus on English language learners, and assist with the Writing Center operations. This is a Full Time 9 month faculty contract position.
- Assist English Language Learners with writing assignments in all disciplines.
- Assist with Writing Center day-to-day operations.
- Train and mentor part-time Instructional Assistants.
- Leader and role model for part-time instructional assistants.
- Assist instructors with in-class activities, including proctoring examinations. May proctor make-up examinations/assignments.
- Observes students’ performance, and records relevant data to aid instructor in assessing progress.
- Assists with grading assignments and exams.
- May assist in competency based learning environment.
- May facilitate study groups as a refresher to classroom formal lecture.
- Assists English faculty with Learning Communities.
- Assists English faculty with special projects as needed.
- Assists with the scheduling of part-time Instructional Assistants.
- May assist with mediation and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minor in English from an accredited institution. Candidates for consideration may also have a bachelor’s degree with substantial coursework in English and an earned grade of B or higher in each course.
- Transcript evaluation.
- Comfortable leading others.
- Comfortable teaching others and grading assignments.
- Comfortable mentoring others.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable assisting instructors when articulating a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor’s degree in English from an accredited institution.
- ELL certification
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.