Immersive Simulation Technician
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immersive Simulation Technician to provide the technical skills to support the use of immersive simulation for all users. This position is responsible for preparing and maintaining immersive simulation equipment, media, computers, and materials; assist learners and Immersive Simulation Facilitator with simulation work and assist Immersive Simulation Facilitator in preparation for lab experiences.
- Provide support for operations to ensure all equipment is running properly and efficiently.
- Assist with training faculty in the use of simulation equipment.
- Serves as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation.
- Work in collaboration with the Lab Director to maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as needed for simulation.
- Provide technical operational support for all systems and equipment related to immersive simulation.
- Manage clinical simulation educational activity related supplies & equipment.
- Supports/assists in props placement and moulage set-up to create a virtual healthcare setting.
- Performs general cleaning in the lab with the collection and disposal of waste materials according to regulations.
- Assist with development of scenarios utilized for simulation experiences.
- Perform related duties as assigned and needed.
- Must have granted diploma or certification relative to background experience (e.g., Medical Assistant diploma, etc.).
- Two years related experience in clinical healthcare setting.
- Must be able to work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and occasional weekends and/or evenings as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Two or more years of patient care experience as a Paramedic, Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), or Simulation Technician.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, pharmacology, and equipment.
- Unencumbered Arizona LPN or RN Licensure or Arizona Certification.
- Experience working with typical medical equipment and computer based instructional equipment found in simulation labs, networking software systems, and audio/visual peripherals (laptops, projectors, microphone systems, mobile phone, video cameras, monitors, and screens).
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.